This guide will show you how to export all the translations for your instance from within the GatedContent.com platform.
First, you will need to find the Export Button in the Manage Translations screen, this will provide you an excel sheet.
Translations Export Layout
Important: Do not change any values in columns A, B and row 1.
- Column A Name is the label for the phrases.
- Column B is the Default Value, if no translation has been specified for the currently active language, then this default value will be displayed.
- Everything right of Column B are translations organised by country and culture. For example, French Canadian would be represented as fr-ca.
For cultures, if translation cell is empty, it will cascade toward the root language and then to default.
Updating the Translations
- You can delete full rows and columns (except columns A, B and row 1) as the system will only update what is in the spreadsheet and will not delete translations where cells are blank. If you do want to delete a translation, you will need to do this within the main translation interface.
- When ready to import, File>Save as> Drop down> CSV UTF 8 (this is an essential step, failure to upload the correct file type could result in corrupted characters).
- You can check updates by going to manage translations and spot checking phrases, defaults and languages.
- Here you can check to see that the translation from the export sheet matches up with the relevant language.
- Finally, push to live to publish.
That's everything you need to know to add or update translations for your gates.
If you are still having issues, fear not, GatedContent.com is on hand, simply click "+ New Support Ticket" above.